Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trailer "In Search Of"



Writer / Director :Vineet Verma

Story and Treatment
"In Search Of" is a story that I thought of when I was 17. As a 17 year old cartoon character designer, I felt the need to learn anatomy as well, to survive in the industry and to cope up with all my colleagues who were mostly BFAs and MFAs. I studied some books but then I realized, I had to sketch real people to understand anatomy better, so I chose to go to a prostitute to sketch for 2 weeks.
During those 2 weeks , I felt all sort of fears that a young 17 year old would go through, the fear of letting sexual desires taking over creative needs; I thought if I will have sex with her once, I might end up doing all time; there was even a fear of performance in front of this experienced lady. During those 2 weeks I even noticed changes in that Lady. She started as a really bold, confident woman but slowly I could see her attitude changing, like when she asked me "how her body is?" it was not an erotic question it was a very conscious question that she might have never asked anybody . Everyday her excitement to see herself in my sketchbook was more motivating for me to improve then anything else compared.
On the very last day when I said that I won't come to her anymore, I could feel the emotional rush going through her, she didn't cry but she said that she will miss me and would love to see me sometimes around. It was my fear or what I don't know but I never saw her again, I received an e-mail from her after 2 years saying that she has left the city and the work as well, I mailed her back but never received any reply from her.

I won't say that the characters in this film are same but these characters are inspired from this real incident which I lived. The whole story of the film is about ANDY who starts his life from an Orphanage School and slowly with ups and down of life becomes a renowned artist. The movie also has a flare of how during his life's journey he touches and changes the path of other's too. The second important character is the prostitute CATHY who Andy choses to sketch. The movie shows how an artist who doesn't want to have sex changes the life of a prostitute, how she transform from a tool, to a body, to a human, to a woman. 

4 comments:

  1. You are such an AWESOME diretor , actor make-up artist ..what else..man you are good and dont tell me at 17.. you have started thinking of a womans' body... kidding... i love it man ....

    Akinpelumi

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you sweets. love watching your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Akin : Thanks bro , you are awesome, lets work together soon
    @Annu : thank you sweet ,, love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi vinit..this is vinay,i relay like your passion about film making and you are doing such a good job...keep it up man...

    ReplyDelete